Monday, February 4, 2013

Comparing creation myths

I thought my creation myth was so cool when I found it, and then I heard some of the presentations in class. The Salish creation myth was the first one I read about, so I didn't really explore through any other ones. My creation myth can be classified as creation ex nihilo, or creation through thought or word. There was some clay involved, as well. I liked the Salish creation myth very much, but I really enjoyed the creation myths with earth diver and the cosmic eggs. I thought those were really interesting, and even though there were many presentations with those common classifications, every myth brought its own uniqueness to the picture. Although unique, I found the dismemberment creation myths disturbing. I think that is personal taste though.

No comments:

Post a Comment